New England Inns & Resorts Rev Up New England’s Taste Buds with Summer Culinary Experiences
Submitted on June 21, 2012
Something for everyone with the focus on FOOD! Culinary travel is hotter than ever and New England is one of the best places to experience the gourmet treats from the land and sea. As such, New England Inns & Resorts has compiled the best their members have to offer in this arena ‐ everything from a farm‐to‐fork weekend to taking a culinary herb tour to a rambling motorcycle tour with a chef. Sample packages include:
- Farm to Fork Weekend (Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport, ME) – The farm to table movement continues to grow and this weekend showcases Kennebunkport’s best local purveyors. Starts with a meet and greet that will include demonstrations from Cabot Cheese, Urban Farm Fermentory, and Shipyard Brewing Co. Saturday will start with breakfast in 95 Ocean Dining Room followed by a customized Foodie Tour of the Kennebunks, a lobster boat ride on the Rugosa, cooking class with the resort’s Executive Chef and a private dinner featuring a "Farm to Fork" menu. The weekend ends with a sunset walk and a Father’s Day Jazz Brunch. Starts atonly $598 per couple. June 15‐17, 2012.
- Now We’re Cookin’ (Johnson & Wales Inn, Seekonk, MA) – This package includes overnight lodging for two in an executive suite, a $50 dinner gift certificate for Audrey's Restaurant, a 3‐4 hour recreational cooking class for two at the campus of Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI, 2 Chef's Choice aprons and breakfast for two at Audrey's Restaurant. Starts at just $369 per night for two people. Tax and gratuity not included.
- Inn to Inn Culinary Herb Tour (Inn at Ellis River, Jackson, NH) – Visit 10 inns for tasty herb treats, recipes, seeds or plants for the garden, and culinary lore. Package includes welcome reception, herb‐themed breakfasts, tour, and a gift from the inn; $249‐$469 depending on room selection. Limited number of one night packages available for $159‐$179. Enjoy spring in the Valley and stay a third night for $99‐$139 OR stay a fourth night free.
King Arthur Flour Discount (Norwich Inn, Norwich, VT) – Those who wish to take classes at King Arthur Flour’s Baking Education Center can take advantage of a 20% discount on accommodations at the Inn! Additionally, the Inn and King Arthur will offer a 10% discount off of logo'd memorabilia at the Inn and many items at the Baker's Store (excluding Cafe and baked foods). Classes include such favorites such as Pizza Perfected, Bread: Principles and Practice and Cake 101. There are many courses to choose from for beginner up to expert baker. This is a midweek deal available Sunday – Thursday during the months of June through October. Rates
at the hotel start at $129 per night.
- Roaring Ramble Package (The Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge, MA) – Guests may hit the road on their motorcycle with Executive Chef Brian Alberg on a freewheeling half‐day ride along back roads through Berkshire farmlands for a stop at one of the chef’s favorite farms or a microbrewery. Package includes a Sustainable Foods dinner for two at the Inn on Sunday night, overnight accommodations, and Sustainable breakfast the next day. Available from $525, including taxes and meal gratuities and is available for stays on the evenings of Sunday June 19 and Sunday August 21; ride takes place the next day.
Recent blog posts
- Weekend Away: A Quick Cape Cod Vacation in Falmouth, MA
- 5 New England Resorts That Are Attractions on Their Own
- 3 Great Reasons to Stay at a New England Bed and Breakfast on a Working Farm
- 5 Things to Know for Your Six Flags New England Adventure
- Hit the Road, Jack: New England Summer Road Trip Ideas
- Weekend Away: Woodstock, VT, Weekend Getaway Ideas
- MAN-icures and More: Not Your Usual Father’s Day Ideas
- Four Beautiful New Hotels for 2014 in New England
- Play Dirty Photo Contest Winners
- Craft Fairs and Food Festivals in New England